Next: Modeling Mechatronic Systems
- Libraries of electronic and electromechanical components with physical connections, including sensors, semiconductors, and actuators
- Parameterization options, enabling key parameter values to be entered directly from industry data sheets
- Semiconductor and motor models with temperature-dependent behavior and configurable thermal ports
- Ideal and nonideal model variants, enabling adjustment of model fidelity
- Ability to extend component libraries using the Simscape™ language
- Access to linearization and steady-state calculation capabilities in Simscape
- Support for C-code generation
SimElectronics is used to optimize system-level performance and to create plant models for control design. The models you create support your entire development process, including hardware-in-the-loop simulations.
Electromechanical system containing a DC motor, worm gear, Hall effect sensor, speed controller, and a motor servo-amplifier (top), the associated SimElectronics model (left), and a portion of the speed controller model (bottom). The colored blocks in the model correspond to the components in the electromechanical system.